Being prepared to deal with an emergency is important for anyone! Today is Get Ready Day and this what it is all about. Each year Get Ready Day is a way to encourage individuals, families, and communities to consider what is required in the event of natural disasters, pandemic illnesses, infectious diseases, and other crisis events.
Are you prepared? Have a plan:
- Update emergency stockpile
- Review family evacuation plan
- Agree a meeting location
- Continue CDC guidelines: wear mask, wash your hands frequently
- Keep storage of water & food
- Have copies of important documents
- Build emergency kit
BTW: There are only 13 weeks left until Christmas. Maybe the Get Ready Day is also a good opportunity to search for the right gift. We have just the right inspiration for you.