International Talk Like a Pirate Day
Ahoy, maties! We need a new ship!
ARRRR! I absolutely must 'ave this mechanic airship wooden model from wooden-town.com.
- t' relax,
- t' reduce stress
- 'n 'tis th' perfect gift!
Why should I pilfer it when I can get such a good discount (up t' 70% discount)?
The 10 best pirate sayings - you can use today:
- All hands hoay: Everyone get on the deck
- Avast ye: Pay attention
- Black spot: Death threat
- Dungbie: Rear end
- Yo Ho Ho: There is often used to express some sort of cheer but also can be used to call attention to the speaker.
- Binnacle: Where the compass is kept on board the ship
- Duffle: A sailor's belongings
- Landlubber: A person who is not incredibly skilled at sea
- Ahoy, matey: Hello, friend
- Blimey! Something said when one is in a state of surprise
Happy natter like a pirate day! Men, today we natter like pirates
International Talk Like a Pirate Day is a parodic holiday created in 1995 by John Baur (Ol' Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap'n Slappy), of Albany, Oregon, U.S., who proclaimed September 19 each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like a pirate. An observer of this holiday would greet friends not with "Hello, everyone!" but with "Ahoy, maties!" or "Ahoy, me hearties!" The holiday, and its observance, springs from a romanticized view of the Golden Age of Piracy. [wikipedia]
If "Cap'n Slappy" 'n "Ol' Chumbucket" would like it?